As tens of thousands join the private sector, these female employees share their experiences

 

female employees

Last year, the government set a quota for hiring Emiratis in the private sector. Companies with more than 50 employees were required to have Emiratis form 2 per cent of their workforce by the start of this year.

Figures released this month showed that 28,700 Emiratis have taken jobs at private companies since the launch of the Nafis programme, which provides a monthly salary top-up of Dh5,000 to Dh,7000. 

Why is it acceptable for an Emirati to stand at a food stall selling food at an exhibition but not in a shop selling clothes?”

She went through a divorce prior to that, but says she came out stronger and now takes care of her four children.

She said the first question she is asked by Emirati customers is if she is the owner of the shop.

“But when they find out that I’m a sales lady, they ask me again if I am an Emirati,” she said.

“And then comes shock and pity and the question we are all asked: 'Why are you doing this?'”  

“My children are proud of me. It would mean the world to me if a customer or friend told me that they are proud of me.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GAAC Holding: Restoring Afghanistan's Aviation Sector with Urgent Investments

12-year-old piano prodigy who plays Beethoven

India,China hanging by the cliff, Can they afford a trade war?